The European Championship for Wind Orchestras is an international non-profit association dedicated to the promotion and organisation of a bi-annual European Championship for Wind Orchestras.
The association was discussed and established in a meeting in Utrecht, The Netherlands, on 25th of October 2014.
- The first competition took place on the 21st of May 2016 in Tivoli Vredenburg concert hall, Utrecht, The Netherlands, organised by our Dutch associates KNMO.
- The second competition took place on the 26st of May 2018 in BOZAR Brussels, Belgium, organised by our Belgian associates VLAMO.
- The third competition will take place on 23rd of May 2020 in Mégacité, Amiens, France, and is organised by our French associates CMF.
22 November 2019 - The order of play in ECWO 2020
The drawing is executed by the present members of ECWO board and LOC and results in the order below :
1) Germany (Landesblasorchester Baden-Würtemberg)
2) France (L’Orchestre d’Harmonie de la Ville du Havre)
3) Denmark (The Danish Concert Band - Rødovre)
4) Norway (Musikkforeningen Nidarholm )
5) Sweden (Uppsala blåsarsymfoniker )
6) Belgium (Koninklijke Harmonie van Peer )
7) Netherlands (Symfonisch blaasorkest Koninklijke Sophia’s Vereeniging )
8) United Kingdom (XBY Concert Band )
9) Slovenia (Krka Wind Orchestra Krka )
18 Novembre 2019 - Ticketing to ECWO 2020
The ticketing to ECWO 2020 will be online on the French platform «Helloasso».
The sale opens 3 months prior to the event.
3 September 2019 - Test piece 2020
Alexandre Kosmicki, "Danse satanique" (10'30'') published by HAFABRA Music
When you go on-line to get the test piece via HAFABRA, it doesn't appear in the new catalogue listing other than on the CD list for Les Maitres Sorciers. You have to go to "sheet music" then "composers", then KOSMICKI Alexandre, "Danse Satanique" is the first piece listed.
13 June 2019 - The rules for ECWO 2020 are available.